Saturday, January 9, 2016

2016, Here I Come!!!



Think Positively. It took me until now to realize but I have been way too hard on myself. I think that it is human nature to be our own worst critics, even worse for females, but there comes a point where it gets to be too much. There are already so many outside sources of negativity, that there is no need for there to be any more internally. Why not be nice to yourself, even if no one else is?

Love Myself. This year one of my goals is to be more positive and learn to love myself. This will not be an easy task for me as I have never had very good self confidence growing up and even as an adult. I have always compared myself to others and wished that I looked like a certain celebrity or I wasn't “too tall” or so “chunky” and my self confidence was never extremely high. The world is such a cruel place and I doubt that will ever change, but I think if you can at least make life even a little happier for yourself; why wouldn’t you? I’m determined to be my own #1 fan and learn to see the positives instead of picking on the negatives. Every time I start to say or think something bad about myself, I’m going to counteract that by saying something nice or that I like about myself. My own personal negativity towards myself needs to stop and I think that it can even improve the happiness in other aspects of my life as well. 

Exercise More. You can’t talk the talk and not walk the walk though. I don’t want to just tell myself that I look good, I also want to feel good which can only be brought to life by eating healthier and some form of regular exercise. I think this last half year was stressful on me so I became lazy and ended up gaining weight, which did not help with my self esteem. This year I want to eat healthier foods (not saying I’ll always eat healthy because I can never resist Taco Bell or a quality pizza) but including more fruits and veggies into other meals is enough for me. Combine that healthy eating with exercise. When I put my mind to something, I obsess over it and that can come in handy when I am at the gym. I always want to push myself harder, but right now I’ll be back in beginner mode which will be extremely hard to not be able to do as much as I used to. I want to commit myself to do at least 2 hours of exercise a week at first and then increase the amount as time goes on and I adjust to my new schedule. This will take time and effort and it is easy to become discouraged when you don’t see immediate results, but in the long run all the hard work will pay off and hopefully I’ll be able to fit back into my favorite shorts!

Love More. It’s not that I take the people in my life for granted, I just think that I don’t tell them how much I love and appreciate them. In my opinion, the most important thing in life is your relationships. They define who you are, where you are from and who you will be. Pretty important if you ask me. I put such a great emphasis on these people but do I ever thank them properly or tell them how much they mean to me? I don’t think its physically possible to every say it enough and I hardly do it at all, which is terrible. I want the small group of people in my life know how important they are to me, instead of just assuming that they already know. Dear family and friends, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!!!

Work Harder. I recently was just hired into a leadership position at my job and I am extremely nervous about what this will mean for me and what is expected of me. I’m hoping I can handle those duties with my school work while also finding time for social activities. This semester is going to be so busy which is why I think that time management will be of the essence for me. With my new job and new classes I will need to organize my time and designate times for each agenda. Although I am scared, I am also excited to be in this new leadership position, as I haven’t acted as a leader since high school. I’m hoping this will teach me new tricks and will better prepare me as an adult for my future career.

I know that if I can learn to do the things I have listed above that I can make 2016 truly memorable in a great way. This year has some exciting things in store for me and I want to make the most out of them and not let them go to waste. I want to start living my life and believe that I can do whatever the hell I want to do and no one can stop me. 2016, here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment